For information about how to remove barriers related to communication, please select the links below.
- Communication Disabilities Access Canada
- Dalhousie Speech‑Language Clinics
- Eastern Health Speech Language Pathology
- Labrador Grenfell Health Speech Language Pathology
- Western Health Speech Language Pathology
- Central Health Speech Language Pathology
- NL Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists
- Newfoundland and Labrador Association for the Deaf
- NLAD provides support for persons who are deaf and their families. They provide assistance in areas such as employment, system navigation, and have programs such as: a Family Communication Program, Health and Wellness Program centered on mental health, Peer Support Program, Community Care Program focusing on home support and housing, as well as ASL interpreting services.
- Canadian Hard of Hearing Association NL
- K-12 Public Education Students’ Speech and/or Language Disorder Services
- The Newfoundland and Labrador Stuttering Association (NLSA)
- Brain Injury Association of Newfoundland and Labrador
March of Dimes
- Online Virtual Programs – MODC offers a number of Community and After Stroke online virtual programs (as well as by telephone) so you don’t have to miss them during the pandemic.
- Aphasia Camps – Camps for people living with aphasia and their caregivers in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, and Nova Scotia. Reach out to March of Dimes to gain access to the site.
- Aphasia Peer Connect – Peer support group for people with aphasia and other communication disabilities. Meet new people, have conversations and have fun!
211 is Canada’s primary source of information for government and community-based, non-clinical health and social services. Search online or dial 211 on your phone for live 24 hour service.
If you have resources that should be included, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 709 722 7011. If you’re having difficulty connecting to these resources, please reach out to us.