Employment Opportunity: Membership Relations Specialist
The Logistics and Membership Specialist reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with other staff to provide logistical support to the work of The Coalition of Persons with Disabilities NL. The Specialist will also lead the project on the membership program evaluation for the Coalition. Through multiple level platform surveys The Specialist will do an evaluation on what the needs and wants are for the Coalition, from a membership perspective, while updating our membership database and creating a program that supports the work and mandate of the Coalition. The Specialist will also work directly with the public and respond to consumer calls and concerns while providing support and referrals to other resources in the community.
The primary role will be to develop a membership program that is of value to the membership of the Coalition and engaging to their needs, which support the work of The Coalition of Persons with Disabilities. In part, this will involve identifying the needs of our membership through evaluation and surveys and direct feedback to develop a program that supports these goals. Alongside this work, The Specialist will support the work of other staff as needed including taking minutes at meetings, meeting preparations, filing, event support and logistics and newsletter distribution.
Responsibilities and Activities
- The Logistics and Membership Specialist will be the first point of contact answering phones, connecting with in-person clients and recording consumer concerns and referrals
- The Specialist will support the work of the Executive Director and provide administrative support in taking meeting minutes, booking meetings and venues and supporting ongoing project work as needed
- The Specialist will be the project lead in the evaluation and development of our membership program
- Stay up-to-date on current issues affecting the disability community on a regional, provincial and national level
- Work alongside the Research and Communications Coordinator to send out information to the listserv, the newsletter and updating social media as needed
- Solicit and build partnerships with key stakeholders across the province to establish current membership base
- Pro-actively build and maintain a network of positive relationships with key stakeholders, including staff, government partners, board member and community partners to steward channels of shared information and to facilitate a creative partnership approach to addressing social issues impacting the disability community.
- Undergraduate degree in Social work, or equivalent
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience with disability issues in this province
- Strong skills in administrative support work, multi-tasking, working around tight deadlines and change management
- Skills in program evaluation frameworks and how to implement new program delivery
- Knowledge of disability policy, current issues around inclusion, accessibility and access
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, with a broad spectrum of clients and with people at all organizational levels
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Ability to work with others to coordinate information.
- Computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Flexibility and creativity around projects and presentations
Hours of Work
- Hours of work are 8:30 am- 4:30 pm with 35 hour work week
- Expected to work a flexible schedule that might include some evenings and weekends depending on events, meetings, and presentations.
This position is made possible by the Employer Support Subsidy Program through InclusionNL which required the candidate to be:
- EI Eligible
- Self-identify as an individual with a disability
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm Friday September 29th 2017. Only candidates identified for an interview will be contacted.
Download this job description in MS Word format.