Media Release – Adaptive Technology Program
JULY 20, 2022
The Coalition of Persons with Disabilities Newfoundland and Labrador (COD-NL) is a charitable, not-for-profit organization established in 1983 by persons with disabilities with a mandate to advance inclusion of persons with disabilities.
The Coalition of Persons with Disabilities Newfoundland and Labrador is pleased to announce an Adaptive Technology Program (AT Program). This program is designed to support persons with disabilities and enable them to access and adopt adaptive technology, devices and equipment to improve accessibility and inclusion in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. The ultimate goal of the program is to remove barriers that impact an individual’s ability to live their best life at home, at school, at work and at play.
Applications will be accepted from July 20th to August 26th, 2022 and can be found at www.codnl.ca, or by contacting the Project Coordinator by email at email@example.com or by telephone at (709) 597-8596 or toll free at 1-800-846-9420.
• Applicant is a resident of Newfoundland and Labrador.
• Applicant identifies as a person with a disability.
• Applicant is not eligible for funding for requested device, equipment, or technology through other funding sources such as private insurance or government subsidised programs.
• Applicant’s purchase of the device, equipment or technology could cause financial hardship.
• Applicant verifies this as an unmet or emerging need.
With an initial catalytic investment from the Northpine Foundation, COD-NL has been given the opportunity to establish this pilot program to provide access to adaptive technology with a process that has low barriers and is equitable and accessible to all.
With an anticipated high uptake on the program, the Coalition of Persons with Disabilities is seeking additional investors to sustain and scale the program, and to work toward building authentic inclusion and accessibility in Newfoundland and Labrador, that is second to none. We are excited to explore the next phase of this initiative and welcome new partnerships.
For more information, contact Nancy Reid at: